How to activate Tangem Wallet with a key backup
Tangem Wallet is the most secure, convenient and easy to use multi-currency wallet. To manage crypto assets in the wallet, you only need a pack of Tangem cards (2 or 3 cards), a phone with NFC with a Tangem app installed on it.
To start interacting with Tangem Wallet:
1. Install Tangem App for iOS or Android and open it.
2. Press the "Scan" button.
3. Tap a Tangem card to the NFC module of the phone and scan it.
4. On the screen that appears, press "Create Wallet" and scan the card again.
5. Then press "Backup now".
6. On the next screen, press the "Add Backup Card" button.
7. Scan the second card for the backup.
8. If you have a pack of three cards, please proceed with the same procedure for the third card of the pack. if you have two cards, press "Finalize the backup process" and then "Continue".
9. Press "Continue" when you see "Create Access Code".
10. Create a secure access code, press "Continue", re-enter the access code on the screen that appears, and press "Confirm".
11. Press "Scan the primary card".
12. Tap the first card to the phone for 15 seconds.
13. Press the "Scan the card #1" button.
14. Tap the second (backup) card to the phone and scan it for 15 seconds as well.
15. Activation is completed, you can use your wallet. All cards of the pack are equal, meaning you can use any of them as the main card.
On the main screen of your Tangem Wallet you will see your USD, BTC, and ETH balance by default. You can change the currency of the balance, as well as add the coins and tokens you need using the "Manage Tokens" button.
Once you have activated your Tangem Wallet, add any tokens you need to the Tangem App home screen. Read about it in our next article.