In this article, we'll guide you through setting up your Tangem Wallet without a seed phrase — the recommended way. Seed phrases are a vulnerability; we have discussed them in a detailed article. To set up your Tangem Wallet without a seed phrase, you need an NFC-enabled smartphone and your Tangem Cards.
Here's how to set up the new Tangem Wallet without a seed phrase.
1. Download and open the official Tangem app.
2. Select Scan card.
3. Tap the first card on your phone to scan it.
3. Tap Create wallet.
The Tangem card will now generate your private and public keys inside the secure chip. Congratulations! Your private keys cannot be extracted, stolen, or exposed.
The wallet will ask you to create a backup. We strongly recommend starting the backup process immediately. You can back up your keys to your other Tangem cards. And we recommend using all 2 or 3 cards to avoid any problems down the line.
- Tap Add a backup card.
2. Scan the second card with your smartphone.
3. If you have a third Tangem card, tap Add a backup card, scan the third card, and tap Finalize the backup.
Now, you have to create an access code to protect your cards from brute-force attacks.
4. Tap Continue to enter an access code.
5. Enter your access code. Choose any word, phrase, or number you like and tap Continue. You can also set a unique access code for each card later.
6. Enter your access code again and tap Submit.
7. Click Scan the primary card and tap the card with the number specified to your phone. The app will scan the card for 15 seconds.
8. Scan the first backup card. Please pay attention to the last four digits of each card.
9. Scan the second backup card.
10. Tap Continue to my wallet.
You have successfully set up your Tangem Wallet without a seed phrase, and we hope you enjoy using all its features. Thank you for choosing Tangem.